By Trung Ha – Manager of the technical support group at SolidXperts
Did you know that you can access and use your SOLIDWORKS from anywhere? Users can simply log in with their SOLIDWORKS ID on the MySolidWorks website to launch their software!
SOLIDWORKS online licensing is available to all customers regardless of their subscription status. The administrator can reassign an online license at any time, as long as the license is not in use by the user.
Online licensing is a new licensing model that ties one or more licenses of SOLIDWORKS products to a user’s SOLIDWORKS ID. With online licensing, users have the flexibility to install and use products on as many machines as they wish, without having to activate or deactivate machines every time. Customers can access all the products they are entitled to by simply logging in using their SOLIDWORKS ID. All they need is a connection to the internet.
The administrator can select an asset and change it back from online licensing to machine activation at any time using the toggle option in the detailed product page if the license is not in use by the user.
To create a SOLIDWORKS ID:
- You can go to http://mysolidworks.com and click on “Join”.
SolidNetwork licenses are ideal for medium to large size companies that want to share a pool of licenses over multiple users. On the other hand, single-user licenses with SOLIDWORKS online licensing is ideal for individuals that have their own license and want the flexibility to use SOLIDWORKS on multiple machines.
Only one user can be assigned to an online license product.
SOLIDWORKS online licensing is available for the following single-user license products:
- SOLIDWORKS CAD (Standard, Professional, and Premium)
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation (Standard, Professional, and Premium)
- SOLIDWORKS Plastics (Standard, Professional, and Premium)
- SOLIDWORKS Flow Simulation (Included Electronic Cooling and HVAC Add-ons)
- SOLIDWORKS Composer
- SOLIDWORKS Electrical (Schematic Standard, Schematic Professional, 3D, and Professional)
- SOLIDWORKS PCB
- SOLIDWORKS CAM (Standard and Professional)
- SOLIDWORKS Inspection (Standard and Professional)
- SOLIDWORKS MBD (Standard)
- SOLIDWORKS Visualize (Standard and Professional)
- SOLIDWORKS PDM and SolidNetWork Licensing (SNL) are not supported with online licensing.
- Home Use Licenses (HULs) are not currently supported.
- Perpetual and temporary licenses are supported.
Looking for a way to customize or automate your products? Learn how to respond better and faster to the demands of your customers by choosing the right configurator with the assistance of our latest White Paper.